Boat Rental in Miami Beach
Soaking up the sun in the City of Miami Beach is a must when you visit Florida! Despite its name, Miami Beach is an island city, linked to mainland Miami via a system of bridges. It’s home to the iconic Ocean Drive Avenue in the South Beach District- famous for its bars, clubs, hotels, and most notably, its Art Deco Architecture, and to Collins Avenue. Conveniently located 20 minutes from Miami International Airport, visiting this island city couldn’t be easier!
Florida’s tropical climate makes Miami Beach the perfect boat rental destination for all whether you plan to sunbathe all day or enjoy water sports like scuba diving, jet-skiing, and wakeboarding. Summer never ends in this sunny corner of the United States.
Where to sail in Miami Beach?
Rent a boat or private yacht, explore the open waters of Miami Beach, and have an unforgettable experience on the water! It’s an ideal location for all types of trips, whether you are just planning to enjoy the warm waters for a day, thinking about a weekend escape, or are considering a longer sailing journey along the coast or to the islands.
So hop on board for a great experience and discover these sweet sailing spots:
- Discover The Bahamas and its 700 untouched islands, located +50 nautical miles off the eastern coast of Florida.
- Sail to Biscayne Bay and explore the Biscayne National Park, home to the Florida Reef, one of the world’s largest coral reefs.
- Try docking’n’dining at one of the many nearby restaurants. Try Monty’s in Miami Beach or perhaps Shucker’s Bar & Grill or Red Fish Grill.
- Hang out with the locals and spend the day at a sandbar. Our suggestions: Elliot Key, Haulover Sandbar, Whale Harbour Sandbar, Peanut Island, and Nixon’s Sandbar.
- Admire from the deck of your yacht rental or even luxury yacht charter the luxurious mansions along the coastline of Star Island and Fisher Island.
- Visit Miami Beach’s next-door neighbor- Fort Lauderdale, also known as the ‘Venice of America’ because of its +300 miles of waterways and home to one of the world’s biggest in-water boat shows.
- Set sail for the Florida Keys, a 120-mile-long archipelago. In Key Largo, spend the day out on the water, go diving and see the world-renowned underwater statue of ‘The Christ of the Abyss.’ In Islamorada, get your gear ready and go sports fishing, and if you're looking for some exciting nightlife, walk around Key West, or as the locals like to call it, ‘The Conch Republic.’
- Explore the quaint waterfront towns up and down the coast. To the north, spend a relaxing day at West Palm Beach. Or check out Coconut Grove, also known as the ‘Sailing Capital of Miami.’
- Head up to North Miami Beach for a relaxing leisurely day at the beach. This largely residential area is known for being the calmer side of Miami Beach, with striking Miami Modernism architecture.
- And if you would rather stay put, and enjoy Miami Beach- enjoy a variety of watersport activities such as water skiing, tubing, and wakeboarding.
How much does it cost to rent a boat in Miami Beach?
When it comes to finding the perfect boat rental in Miami Beach, there are a few factors you should keep in mind that may influence the cost of your rental. Such as high vs low season, the duration of the charter, the type and age of the vessel, and if you would like extra services such as captain, crew, and water sports equipment.
Below are some examples:
- Pontoon boat and motorboat rentals in the Miami Beach area start as cheap as $450/day and can cost up to $1,500/day.
- Motor yachts can be rented anywhere from $3,992/day to $8,880/day. A half-day rental is an option with other boat rentals.
- A sailboat rental costs between $1,200/day and $1,600/day for 6 people. Half-day options are also available and cost about $1,000.
- Catamarans typically cost about $1,700/day for 10 to 13 people. They also make for a great party boat rental in Miami Beach, with prices around $4,250/day for 42 guests onboard.
- Miami Beach luxury yacht charters start at $2,000/day for 12 guests, and on average range between $5,000/day and $10,000/day.
The harbors in Miami Beach
During your charter experience in Miami Beach, you’re likely to want to dock your boat for a little while in order to experience the area by foot. Miami Beach offers an abundance of different harbors and marinas around the island:
- Miami Beach Marina, known as the gateway to the Caribbean, is the place to dock your boat if you are looking to bask in the Florida sun during the day and dine on the waterfront. Miami Beach Marina also offers the luxury of deep waters and no fixed bridges, as well as great fishing.
What can you see/do in Miami Beach?
- Located at the entrance to Miami Beach, Bentley Bar Marina, offers a great location to dock your boat and spend your day exploring South Beach Miami. Make sure to call ahead to make your charter experience even easier!
When you aren’t out on the water, there are plenty of things to do on land!
- Take a day trip to the Everglades National Park and visit the alligators
- Tour South Beach and Ocean Drive Avenue, known for being the Art Deco district
- Paddleboard or kayak while on the lookout for Manatees
- Check out the street art at Wynwood
- Spend some time at the Vizcaya Museum and Gardens, a 1916 Italian-style villa
- Go shopping at the Bayside Marketplace
- Enjoy your time in Little Havana and get a feel for the Cuban way of life
Renting a boat with a skipper
With Click&Boat, choose to charter a boat with or without a captain, depending on your experience and boating credentials. In Miami Beach, we offer many boat rentals with an experienced captain. With a local in your midst, you will have the opportunity to discover local hangouts, hidden coves, remote anchorages, and beaches, that you might not otherwise have visited. You will also not have to worry about boating licenses which can sometimes prove to be a hurdle.
With a captain and crew, all that is left to do is sit back and relax while they take care of everything! From navigating to preparing meals, docking, and more- your yacht charter in Miami Beach will be worry-free and for sure one to remember.
For many rentals, hiring a captain and/or crew may come as an additional cost. Prices may depend on the size of the vessel, the number of crew members, and other specific requests. Make sure to check with the boat owner before finalizing your boat rental with us!
What boats should I rent?
If you are looking for a boat rental in Miami Beach FL at a cheap price, look no further than Click&Boat, the world leader in online boat rental services.
Booking a yacht charter has never been so simple. Renters can customize their sailing trips to meet their needs and desires. They can choose from:
- +35,000 boats
- Determine the duration of the rental
- Rent in Miami Beach or in any of the +500 destinations Click&Boat is available in
- Sailing with or without a captain (and crew)
- Extras like dinghies and water sports equipment (wakeboard, paddleboards, water skis, tubes, scuba diving, and snorkeling gear)
Click&Boat’s internal messaging system for renters and owners, updated calendars, and a team of experienced advisors ready on deck- are available to make your life easier.
When is the best time to go?
The most opportune time to visit Miami Beach is between March and Miami. During this time the sun is always shining and the temperatures run between low 70s and high 80s. Traveling during the spring is also a great to avoid spikes in prices during the winter season.