Boat Rental in Orange County with Click&Boat
The beautiful Orange County, California is home to Newport Beach, Laguna Beach, and Huntington Beach. This surfside paradise is about 1.5 hours south of Los Angeles and boasts awesome opportunities to get on the water. It’s flanked with laidback locals who enjoy being outside; whale watching, fishing charters, paddle boat rentals, and electric boat rentals are popular activities throughout the OC. It’s also home to Disneyland and Knotts Berry Farm.
Boat rental in Orange County is available with Click&Boat. We have plenty of vessels ranging in size and purpose for cruising around Laguna Beach, Newport Beach, Balboa Island, and Huntington Beach.
Where to sail in Orange County
Orange County is a massive land area in Southern California along the Pacific coast. It’s a popular spot for onshore or offshore fishing, sailing by catamaran, or a leisurely cruise. There are plenty of safe boating areas within Orange County as the Pacific may be a beast to tackle.
Rent a boat in Orange County with or without a captain to explore beyond the beach and amusement parks. Whether you’re planning to book a fishing boat for the day or a catamaran for slow sailing, consider these boating destinations from Orange County:
- Rent an electric boat and cruise around Newport Harbor. This safe inlet is protected from the Pacific and offers calm waters for boating. You can embark on a leisurely cruise to Newport Dunes Waterfront Resort, an excellent stop for lunch.
- Plan a sailing trip to Catalina Island. It’s a big journey, but with a captain or crew, you can make a great time without worrying about navigation. Once on Catalina, you can go biking, hiking, or fishing. It’s also an excellent destination for water sports.
- Take a boat to Newport Landing for whale watching. Or book a whale watching tour. Whale watching season in Orange County is from May through November. During this time, you can spot blue whales, the biggest mammals on earth!
- Ride past Huntington Beach Pier with your Orange County boat rental. Huntington Beach is where the biggest surf competitions are held each year.
Since you are interested in a boat rental in Orange County, check out our nearby fleet too:
- Boat rental in Newport Beach
- Boat rental in Long Beach
- Boat rental in San Diego
How much does it cost to rent a boat in Orange County?
There are plenty of factors that influence boat rental price in Orange County including the size of the boat, model, number of guests, time of year, or the age of the yacht. For instance, a catamaran rental with a captain may cost more than chartering a small electric boat that doesn’t require a crew. Plus, you have to consider extras including water toys or the number of days.
- Orange County motorboat rentals start at $900/day and can cost up to $6,400/day.
- A sailboat rental in Orange County costs between $820/day and $1,100/day for 6 guests.
- A yacht rental in Orange County starts at $6,900/day for 6 people. For a high-end luxury yacht charter in Southern California, prices on average about $16,000/day for up to 12 guests.
Orange County Marinas
Start and end your boat rental in Orange County. There are plenty of marinas that are accessible and safe for beginners to advance boaters. Once you get acquainted with your boat rental, then you’re off to enjoy a fabulous day on the water in Southern California. Here are a few harbors in Orange County:
- Huntington Beach is home to Peter’s Landing and Marina, which triples as an office space, waterfront dining, and boat slips. Visitors can walk, bike, drive, or sail to Peter’s Landing and start or end their adventure with a beer at Golden Road Brewery.
- Bayside Village Marina in Newport Harbor offers calm waters for boaters to start or end their journey. Nearby, is Balboa Island where visitors can enjoy the boardwalk and Ferris wheel.
- Dana West Marina at Dana Point Harbor offers 2,400 boat slips with plenty of onsite amenities.
Things to do and see in Orange County
There are so many things to do in Orange County that it would take years to experience everything! With so much land to cover, it’s best to pick a home base, such as Newport Beach, and rent a car to experience activities beyond that city. We chose some of the best things to do in Orange County that you can’t miss:
- Watch the surfers from Huntington Beach Pier. Check to see if there are any surf competitions, which are always fun to watch!
- Take a bike ride along the Huntington Beach boardwalk and stop at the dog beach… if you love dogs!
- Visit Disneyland in Anaheim whether you’re an adult or a kid. It’s a one-of-a-kind experience with rides for all ages!
- Check out Balboa Island. Take the family to enjoy the Fun Zone amusement park which includes a Ferris wheel!
- Pack a picnic and enjoy Newport Beach. Don’t forget the sunscreen!
- Explore Crystal Cove State Park, a historic and marine conservation center. It boasts 3 miles of beach along the Pacific coast that are a quiet and peaceful area of Orange County.
- Sail to Catalina Island on a private catamaran or sailboat rental. There are plenty of boat charters in Orange County that you can book to start your sailing adventure.
- Whale watching from May to November. You can book a whale watching tour or spot blue whales from your boat rental.
Rent a boat with a captain in Orange County
Click&Boat offers plenty of boat rental options with a captain or crew. When you rent a boat with a captain, you can appreciate the boating experience more without worrying about navigation, anchorage, docking, or maritime laws in California.
Having a local captain assist with your boat rental in Orange County is a gamechanger for an unforgettable sailing, boating, or fishing experience. A captain and/or crew may come as an additional cost to your rental, depending on the size of the boat, the number of crew, and other requests. Enjoy your private boat charter in Orange County without the hassle of navigating the vessel!