Boat Hire in Rio de Janeiro with Click&Boat
The love for the city of Rio de Janeiro as a travel destination is nothing new. As one of the major centers of the Brazilian economy and culture during the country's history, every corner of the marvelous city is filled with its own memories and narratives. From Tijuca National Park, a giant piece of nature in the midst of urbanization, to the Arcos da Lapa, Sugarloaf Mountain, and Christ the Redeemer.
Probably the most iconic points of Rio de Janeiro are its stunning beaches and natural landscapes, made even more impressive by the character and energy of the Brazilian people. Taking a boat tour allows us to experience Rio and its treasures from another perspective, in a unique and absolutely private way. With a private boat hire in Rio de Janeiro, you can set your entire itinerary to suit your needs and curiosities!
Realize your dreams with Click&Boat and plan your boat trip to Rio de Janeiro, one of Latin America's top international tourist destinations! The first city to receive the title of world capital of architecture from UNESCO, its landscape reflects 450 years of urban transformations from the colonial period to the contemporary. Take the opportunity to explore the city's historic centers, beaches, hiking and climbing options, and bustling nightlife.
If you are interested in Rio de Janeiro, check here for some other destinations to complement your trip:
What is the price of a boat hire in Rio de Janeiro?
According to popular belief, hiring a boat can be super affordable, especially if you choose Click&Boat! A boat for 8 people in Rio costs about £170/day, less than £25 per person! Call your friends to split this cost!
Sail around the Marvelous City with the boat of your dreams. From motorboats and sailboats that cost around £170/day to up to £1,300/day, or even catamarans and luxury yachts that can range from £320/day to almost £3,600/day!
And in case you don't have a sailing license, don't worry! At Click&Boat it is always possible to hire a boat with a skipper! An experienced sailor, expert in the area, will guide you around the coast of Rio de Janeiro. Now just relax and enjoy the ride!
Let's go to Rio?What are the must-see places in Rio de Janeiro?
Rio holds some of the greatest treasures of the Brazilian coast, let's see which places are a must stop during your boat hire!
- From Marina da Glória, for example, you can already take a full tour of Guanabara Bay, one of the most beautiful in the world, with exclusive views of some of Rio's most beautiful spots, such as Sugar Loaf, Christ the Redeemer and even the beautiful Rio-Niteroi Bridge.
- In a prime location, at the foot of Sugarloaf Mountain, is Praia Vermelha, a favorite for swimming or relaxing on the sand, with its calm waters and stunning views.
- Following along the coast, we arrive at Praia do Leme, a continuation of the famous Copacabana Beach, but less crowded and hectic than this one. Both offer an incredible day for swimming and sunbathing, but if you are from the team that likes more tranquility and quiet, or if you want to practice sports like wakeboarding or water-skiing and are worried about the number of bathers, Leme Beach is for you.
- Coming now to the surfer's paradise, the Diabo and Arpoador Beaches, divided by the Pedra do Arpoador, overlooking the Morro Dois Irmãos and Pedra da Gávea, with stronger waves and suitable for surfing. Moreover, have you ever imagined watching the sun set on Pedra do Arpoador from the deck of your own boat?
- Ipanema Beach, despite also being busy, is a good choice for sunbathing, since it offers a large strip of sand and calmer waters.
- The Leblon Beach, known as a stopping point for the famous, is also a good place to enjoy a day of sun and diving in waters of an impressive blue, but it is not ideal for those seeking tranquility. For those traveling with children, the Mirante do Leblon is a good place to visit. Just dock your boat and take a tour!
- Joatinga Beach is a place that actually only "exists" when the tide is low, and its strip of sand becomes visible, i.e., it is a perfect beach to visit during a boat ride. With crystal clear waters, it is especially sought after by surf lovers. Stay the tip!
- Barra da Tijuca Beach is the largest, in length, in the city. Owner of a strip of white sand and waters of an intense blue, it holds fun for the whole family, from a good sunbathing or diving to surfing and other water sports.
If your interest is in escaping the typical tourist spots and creating a more original or quiet itinerary, Click&Boat helps you too. Check out some lesser known beaches in Rio:
- Macumba Beach, ideal for surfers with its strong tide and year-round waves, also owns a beautiful deep blue sea.
- Secreto Beach is another ideal beach to visit by boat, since it also only "exists" when the tide is low. There the sea is gentle and forms beautiful natural pools, perfect for a quiet day with family, away from the crowds.
- More ahead, we have Prainha, another surfer's paradise, this one is really off the tourist route and little known. Privacy and quiet are guaranteed.
- Grumari Beach is for those who really want to disconnect from the city and urban distractions and make a complete immersion in nature and enjoy the white sand, clean blue sea and silence.
Make a list of the beaches you want to visit in Rio de Janeiro, define your travel needs (going with kids? going for the day, weekend? are you on a tight budget?), choose your boat and get aboard!
If these trips sound interesting to you, check out our fleet:
What types of boats are possible to hire in Rio?
At Click&Boat, we offer all kinds of boats that your vacation in Rio could ask for!
- To tour the best carioca beaches, or maybe wakeboard or water-ski, a motorboat or a semi-rigid are your best options! They are compact boats that offer enough speed for faster rides or to practice water sports. If you're thinking of taking a scenic tour to admire the river's beauties from the sea, a speedboat is the ideal boat too!
- Hiring a sailboat is your best option if you want a liberating and authentic nautical trip! Feel the movement of the waves, study the winds and tide, hoist the sails and experience it all first hand! Although more work, a sailboat offers the most authentic sailing experience possible!
- When renting a catamaran, no space or leisure will be missed for your family. This boat is a multihull sailboat that offers plenty of space, and also plenty of lightness and stability for your sailing, as its weight is distributed between the two hulls. Perfect for a family trip along the Green Coast!
- To experience Rio in ultimate luxury, nothing better than chartering a yacht! Can you imagine? Space and comfort of home, luxury of the most elegant hotels in the world, dinner with friends on the deck in front of the beautiful Pedra do Arpoador! It's not for everyone!
How to hire a boat in Rio with Click&Boat?
Ready to sail on the high seas through the Marvelous City? Check out our fleet! Chartering a boat with Click&Boat is very easy, affordable and super safe!
To refine your search and find the perfect boat for your vacation, all you have to do is set your departure and arrival dates, indicate the need for a standard on board and use the additional filters to set the boat type, budget, number of cabins, dimensions... and more!
In a few seconds, you will only see ads that match your needs: select the boat you like best and send a request to the owner. To contact him directly, Click&Boat offers you a free online messaging platform, through which you can better define every detail of the rental.
Considering the amount of monuments, beaches and places to visit, we suggest hiring a motorboat in RJ, so you can access all the corners you want on your tour, without major difficulties!
And if you need more information, check the "Help" page of the platform and find the answers to any questions, or contact our customer service directly.