Setúbal: from sardine fishing to meeting dolphins.
For those looking for Portugal's historical tourism, getting to know the monuments, tram rides and other typical activities, Lisbon and Sintra probably cater well. But for those seeking more original, and surprising tourism, at a minimum distance from the capital, there is Setúbal, a paradise of beaches, nature and also, culture.
A picturesque and authentic town, located between the sea, the river and the mountains, Setúbal holds many corners of absolutely untouched nature and does not disappoint if your thing is to discover new places, relax by the beach, and of course, take a beautiful boat trip, from the Troia Peninsula to Sesimbra.
Setúbal is, in its origin, a fishing village and the third port of Portugal. Thus, the town is known for its marine fauna and sardine fishing: you can catch or try them in the harbour!
During your sailing, dolphins will accompany your boat: the bay is home to a large population of these animals.
On land, Setúbal is rich in cultural heritage. There you will find the Church of Jesus de Setúbal, one of the first in the Manueline style. Inside is the city museum. Don't miss also the market on Avenida Luísa Todi to stock up on the region's delicious specialties.
Adventure to discover a place off the traditional tourist route, innovate on your holiday with a boat rental in Setúbal and create unforgettable memories!
Click&Boat's other favourite destinations for boat rental in Portugal:
So, what to know on your boat trip around Setúbal?
- Figueirinha beach is one of those that makes you wonder why you've never heard of it. Crystal clear, clean blue waters, large strip of soft white sand and an endless view of the horizon. This beach is part of the Arrábida Natural Park, and is therefore a more secluded, quiet and protected place, ideal for families with children or those seeking quiet.
- The Meco Beach, in the town of Sesimbra, is another one that deserves attention. Its large, soft strip of sand makes it ideal for families, but its rough sea and strong winds speak louder for lovers of surfing, windsurfing and other water sports. Remember to bring your board when you come aboard!
- Pego Beach is a favourite of those passing through Portugal, with its wide sandy beach and calm sea, perfect for taking the kids and spending a day relaxing in the sun. Don't forget the sunscreen!
- Also in the Arrábida Natural Park, Galapinhos Beach (and nearby Praia dos Coelhos) is probably the most famous in the region. A cove of crystal clear waters surrounded by the park's vegetation, this beach is usually quieter due to its difficult access, but for those who go by boat, this is not a problem. Enjoy your day at Galapinhos Beach in all the privacy that a private boat rental can bring you!
- Troia Beach, located on the Troia Peninsula (from there we already see that it is best accessed by boat), is one of those idyllic places we usually imagine when we think of beach holidays. A secluded corner in the middle of Setúbal bay, isolated but close to everything, with calm waters and golden sand, calm and simple. No hustle and bustle or parties, this is the place to escape from the world without having to go too far. And to make the view even better, dolphins may appear to keep you company!
- The Comporta Beach, south of the Troia Peninsula, is within the Sado Estuary Nature Reserve, and is also a place much sought after by locals, since the preservation of its natural resources and tranquility of the beach. Its intense blue sea has good waves and lots of wind, which makes it a favourite of those who want to practice surfing and other water sports, without giving up the day with the family!
The best part of a private boat hire is that you don't have to follow pre-arranged itineraries. With the help of our list above, choose some of the places that impress you most in Setubal, I make your itinerary and climb aboard!
What types of boat is it possible to hire in Setúbal?
At Click&Boat you can find all types of boat for an unforgettable tour with family or friends!
- If you are looking for adventure and excitement, a motorboat or RIB rental may be the best option. These are small, compact and fast boats, perfect for touring the beaches of the bay, practicing water sports like wakeboarding, water-skiing, diving and much more! These smaller boats allow you to reach hard-to-reach places or shallow waters, and are especially ideal for quick trips, of just a day or two!
- A sailboat is the right choice for those looking to sail in total freedom! Study the winds and the sea, feel the breeze on your face and the movement of the waves first hand! A sailboat rental is the most authentic way to sail, there's no way to regret it!
- Reserve a catamaran if your plans are for a family holiday! A catamaran rental offers you all the comfort and space of home, fun and leisure for the whole family and much more! The catamaran is a multihull sailing boat, which means that its weight and space is distributed between the two hulls, which makes it even more spacious, light and stable!
- Rental a yacht if your dream is a luxurious trip along the Portuguese coast! A yacht represents sailing in high luxury, entitled not only to space and comfort, but also a new kind of experience: absolutely worry-free holidays! Let the captain and crew take care of everything, and enjoy the trip!
How to rent a boat with Click&Boat?
Ready to get to know the Setubal bay in an unforgettable way? Click&Boat offers a huge variety of boats to fulfill all your travel dreams!
Use the filters in our search tool to find the ideal boat. Choose the boat type, size, capacity, price, arrival and departure dates and much more! Have you found the boat of your dreams? Book now!
Use our internal message box to contact the owner directly and get all your questions answered regarding the boat, the service or the destination. And also settle all the details of your booking before you climb on board.