Yacht Charter in Porto!
Welcome to Porto, Portugal! You can charter a yacht in Porto from one of the two main ports of Oporto. On the banks of the Douro River, you will find the small Marina do Freixo with 85 slips, while to the north you will find the Marina Porto Atlântico Leixões in the Leça de Palmeira district, which has 240 slips. If you decide to rent a motorboat or semi-rigid, you can sail to the south to the town of Espinho and anchor off the beautiful beaches of the region. You may also choose to sail up the Douro to the lovely small town of Santa Maria de Sardoura.
For longer trips, with a yacht charter in Porto, you can reach Lisbon with a stop near the Reserva Natural de Dunas de São Jacinto. Upon reaching Lisbon, you may feel like you are in California when passing under the famous April 25th Bridge, it is very similar to the Golden Gate Bridge in San Francisco. For those of you who want to enjoy the ocean waters, we recommend you to rent a catamaran that will allow you to comfortably sail to and along the Spanish coast to the north, near Vigo or Coruña.
Charter a yacht in Porto, Portugal's second largest city located in the northern part of the country, a few kilometres from Braga. In the past, it was often a rival of the Lisbon capital. This historical rivalry is characterized by the famous adage: "While Lisbon is looking good, Coimbra studies, Braga prays and Porto works". The city is also known for its famous Port wine, for its bridges across the Douro and for the beauty of its monuments and landscapes. Its architectural heritage makes it a pleasant city to visit. While spending your holidays in Porto, you can't miss your chance to see the Torre dos Clérigos, the highest bell tower in the country. Close to the banks of the Douro, you will be able to walk near the Palacio da Bolsa or the Igreja Sao Francisco. To cross the Douro, you can use one of the two most famous points in the city: the Maria Pia bridge or the Dom-Luìs bridge.
Charter a yacht in Porto with Click&Boat
Are you looking for a yacht charter in Porto at an affordable price? Look no further than Click & Boat, the market leader in online boat rentals. You can charter a yacht in Porto with or without a skipper, depending on your boating experience and qualifications. Bareboat boat rentals are available for keen sailors who know these waters like the palm of their hand. Just contact the boat owner via Click&Boat's messaging tool to arrange details.
Check out some of these other amazing Portugal sailing destinations:
Boat ride in Porto, the "Undefeated City" of Portugal
Porto is undoubtedly one of the most sought-after destinations in Portugal, both by nationals and foreign travellers, and this is not surprising in the least. With medieval architecture that blends Gothic, Baroque, contemporary and Roman styles, several cinematic bridges, not to mention its world famous Port Wine production, there is no shortage of things to see and do in Porto.
Let's check out some of our favourite boat trips in Porto
- For a more focused experience on architecture, historical and cultural monuments, a boat trip on the Douro River makes for a super interesting itinerary. Enjoy the view of the architecture of Porto and Vila Nova de Gaia, contemplate the beautiful bridges that connect the two cities, such as the Arrábida Bridge and the Dom Luís Bridge. To further enhance the boat trip, a stop at Ribeira to learn about its history and sample an authentic Port wine, who knows even choose a waterfront restaurant (Porto is famous for its traditional Northern Portuguese cuisine), and enjoy your dish of choice on the deck of your own boat, gazing at the sun setting over the Douro.
- But for those looking for an even more gastronomic and wine experience (the famous wine tourism), a boat rental of a few days through the Alto Douro Wine Region is absolutely ideal. We're talking picturesque landscapes, dense vegetation, historic plantations and vineyards, family businesses, unique flavours of the region, all straight from your own boat.
- Visit the old farms and wine productions, such as Quinta do Seixo and Quinta do Bonfim, taste the incredible flavours of the region's wines, if you want to contemplate the view even more, make a quick stop and climb up to one of the many viewpoints arranged along the Douro, and enjoy those moments (or days!) of pure peace and solitude.
- Choose the cities, museums and estates that seem most unmissable to you and make your own personalised itinerary for your Alto Douro wine tour!
- Now, for those travellers who can't do without a beach, the Porto region leaves nothing to be desired.
- Like many places in northern Portugal, the beaches in Porto (district, not just the capital) are highly sought after by surfers for their big waves and choppy waters, such as Praia das Sereias and Praia do Aterro. Other beaches, such as Praia da Memória, are good for families travelling with children, given its large and soft sandy beach, its beach huts and other structures. Undoubtedly, one of the best beaches in the region is Matosinhos Beach, both for spending the day sunbathing on the sand, swimming or even catching some waves. Its paradisiacal appearance makes this beach a must stop for any traveller.
What types of boat is it possible to hire in Porto?
At Click&Boat we offer all the types of boat your holiday could ask for!
- For quick trips of a day or two, or for travellers looking for adventure and thrills: rent a motorboat or a RIB! They are compact and fast boats, perfect for touring the Douro River, or for water sports like wakeboarding, water-skiing, scuba diving and more!
- For sailing with freedom and authenticity, rent a sailboat! Study the tide and winds, feel the breeze on your face and the movement of the water, a first-hand sailing experience!
- To sail longer with all the comforts of home and space for friends and family: rent a catamaran! This boat is a type of multihull sailing boat, meaning that its weight and space are distrubuted over two hulls, which makes it even more spacious, light and stable for peaceful family sailing!
- Rent a yacht if your travel dreams are as luxurious as possible! Find the space of home and the comfort of a 5-star hotel on board a yacht. To make it even better, the captain and an on-board crew are by your side to help make the trip even more unforgettable!