Sail through Paraty to breathe authentic Brazilian culture
Ready to visit one of the most beautiful cities in Brazil? Paraty is that picturesque town seemingly straight out of a Brazilian history book. With its colonial style, energising historic centre and cobbled streets, Paraty is one of those places that transports us to another time. Not to mention the typical Brazilian gastronomy, rivers and rivers of culture (the famous Cachaça Festival happens every year in August, take a hint!) and a plethora of natural beauty.
To improve what is already good, how about a boat trip in Paraty to discover all these treasures? There is no more authentic way to get to know every corner of the Brazilian coast, especially a place like Paraty. There are 60 beaches and 65 islands of superbly preserved nature to get to know.
A boat rental in Paraty allows you to completely customize your itinerary. Choose the beaches and places you want to visit, make your own timetables and your own stops for sunbathing, lunch by the sea, to go for a swim or even wakeboarding. Total freedom!
With that in mind, check out some of our favourite places to visit in Paraty below and start planning your itinerary.
And if the boat trip in Paraty sounds interesting to you, check out some of our other destinations too:
RJ boat rental
Angra dos Reis boat rental
Ready to sail around Paraty? Let's see which places are a must stop
- Praia de Antigos beach is one of the most famous in town for its peaceful and quiet atmosphere, its clear waters and white sand, not to mention the region's native vegetation, which hugs the beach for an even more stunning scene. For those seeking peace and relaxation, this is an essential stop.
- Separated from Praia de Antigos by a beautiful strip of vegetation is Praia do Sono, another beautiful beach in the region, with waters of an intense greenish blue, fluffy sand, embraced by the Brazilian Atlantic Forest. A peaceful and quiet beach that even offers natural pools and a mild sun due to the tall native vegetation around it. That one is also a must-see!
- Ponta Negra Beach is one of those places that you have to see to believe. The nature around it is so preserved (practically untouched) that its appearance is almost wild, as if straight out of a movie. Its clear green waters make it perfect for snorkeling, and when the sea is rough, surfing is the visitors' choice. Not only that, this beach also offers trails for the adventurous and natural pools for the lazy!
- For those travelling with children, Paraty Mirim Beach is a great option. It is an extensive and well-structured beach, cut by the river of the same name, meaning it still offers fresh water for the little ones. A beach of calm waters and lush beauty, it still houses ruins of old colonial mansions to further complement the picturesque look of the region, and the ride!
- Lula Beach, in turn, is undoubtedly one of the best places to visit on your boat trip in Paraty, not least because it is only accessible by boat. With its clear sand, calm and greenish waters, this beach is one of the most paradisiacal in the region, with a wild and untouched appearance because of its abundant green vegetation. Moor your boat at this super secluded beach and enjoy a mega private experience on your own boat!
- Trindade is one of the places in Paraty that deserves your due attention. Located within the Cairuçu Environmental Protection Area and the Serra da Bocaina National Park, you can already see that this little corner of the world is absolutely brimming with natural treasures, read Atlantic Forest, that are completely untouched. Its paradisiacal beaches, with blue waters and white sand, are also havens for surfers. For those wishing to catch a wave, simply moor your boat at Praia do Cepilho, Praia do Meio or Praia do Cachadaço, or explore the lesser-known beaches of the region and discover new treasures.
- For those looking for an even more unusual boat trip in Paraty, Saco do Mamanguá is the ideal option. It is an 8km long sea inlet with 33 beaches and 8 communities. This is that kind of place that seems to have stopped in time, as if mankind had never been there. With virtually untouched nature, this place is for lovers of ecology and peace. A boat rental allows you to get to know better the little corners and beaches of this place, and even stop to eat fish by the water for lunch. We suggest a rental with captain for this particular tour, to know in depth the culture and marine life of the region.
- Finally, should you decide to continue your journey to Angra dos Reis on your boat, we suggest a stop at São Gonçalo Beach, a paradise beach in the middle of the way, or even cross over to Pelado Island, for a dip in its crystal clear waters!
The best part about renting a boat is the total freedom to choose your own itinerary. So, add our suggestions to your must-see spots and create an entirely personalized itinerary for your boat tour in Paraty!
What types of boats is it possible to rent in Paraty?
Click&Boat offers a super complete fleet of boats for your dream trip in Paraty!
- To sail in total freedom and authenticity: a sailboat rental is the best idea! Study the winds and the tide, feel the breeze on your face, feel the waves of the wild beaches of Trindade, just you and the sea! Sailboat rental in Paraty will surely guarantee you unforgettable adventures and memories!
- To sail with the same comfort and space of home, rent a catamaran! The catamaran is a type of multihull sailing boat, meaning its weight and space is divided between its two hulls. In practical terms, this translates to more space, lightness and stability for your family vacation!
- A yacht rental, on the other hand, takes you to a new level of luxury. If you want to experience the Costa Verde with everything you're entitled to, space, comfort, captain and crew, go yachting! Impossible to imagine a more luxurious vacation than this!