Yacht Rental Boston- A New England Gem
The city of Boston boasts a strong sailing tradition, so a boat rental in Boston, Massachusetts is highly recommended if you want to see this gem of New England from the water. Rent a boat in Boston to explore the area around the historic Boston Harbor and visit landmarks such as Old North Church and the Bunker Hill Monument.
Sail past the USS Constitution (or 'Old Ironsides' as many people know it), a wooden frigate and one of the oldest naval vessels in the world. If you are nearby in the evening, you will witness a ceremony marking the end of the day, including lowering the flag and cannon fires.
There is no doubt that this waterfront city has plenty of sailing options!
How much does a boat rental in Boston cost?
The price to rent a boat in Boston depends on certain factors. Such as the rental duration, the type and age of the boat, extra amenities, and if you plan to charter during high or low season. So when browsing our selection, keep this in mind so that you can choose the perfect boat for your wants and needs!
- The price of a fishing charter in Boston starts at €375/half day and €920/day. For these rentals, prices also depend on the type of fishing stripers, tuna, etc…
- Motor boat rentals start as low as €125/hour and can accommodate up to 8 guests on board.
- Sailboat rentals in Boston can typically accommodate up to 6 people aboard and prices start at €710/day. However, on average, they cost about €840/day to €1,090/day.
Where to sail around Boston?
Boat rentals are the perfect way to discover Boston and its surroundings! With your boat rental, consider sailing to these areas:
- Harbor Islands National Park, an idyllic place with 34 lovely islands and parks, perfect for a picnic with your family or friends. These are great islands with secluded beaches, allowing you to get away from the crowded city life.
- Boston Harbor Light, it happens to be the oldest lighthouse in the U.S. This is a prime area if you are also an avid sports fisher- the waters are full of Bluefish, Cod, and Stripers.
- Charles River, enjoy a romantic boat ride during a Massachusetts’ sunset with a stunning view of the Boston skyline.
- Stellwagen Bank, for those looking for a thrill, come to this spot during the summer to spot humpback whales. This National Marine Sanctuary has been named one of the top ten whale watching sites in the world.
- Barnstable, a popular summertime destination in Cape Cod with quaint villages, quiet beaches, and plenty of art and culture.
- Truro, located at the tip of Cape Cod, is another must-see town for its natural beauty and sandy cliffs.
- Nantucket, a beautiful island off the coast of Cape Cod. Known for its cobblestone streets, sand-dunes, pristine beaches as well as its high-end boutiques and restaurants.
What to see and do in Boston?
There are endless options of things to see and do in Boston! So after your time out on the water, be sure to make some time for these activities and attractions:
- Take a stroll along the Freedom Trail
- Explore some of the older neighborhoods like Little Italy, Beacon Hill, Back Bay and the North End
- For sport fanatics, watch a Red Sox game at Fenway Park
- Visit some of the museums like the Isabella Stewart Gardner, Museum of Fine Arts, and the Boston Tea Party Ships & Museum
- Tour the USS Constitution or ‘Old Ironsides,’ an old navy ship from 1797
- Rent a car and take a day trip to Martha’s Vineyard
- Rent a swan boat and explore the Boston Public Garden created in 1634
- Buy some souvenirs and try some tasty food at a Boston favorite, Quincy Market
- Enjoy a 360° view of the city from the Skywalk Observatory
- During sunset, walk or take a bike ride along the Boston Harborwalk which passes along the shoreline, piers, and wharves.
Can I rent a boat in Boston with a skipper?
Yes, with Click&Boat, guests can choose to book a boat rental with a skipper and/or crew. Bareboat charters are available for keen sailors who know these waters like the palm of their hand and who have proper qualifications.
Rentals with a skipper are perfect for those who are looking for a stress-free sailing vacation. Let your skipper take care of navigating, docking, and anchoring while you relax and enjoy your time with friends and family on board.
The request for a skipper may come at an additional price depending on the size of the vessel, special requests, and number of crew members needed.
Charter a boat in Boston with Click&Boat
Don’t hesitate to book your next yacht charter in Boston with Click&Boat, the leading boat rental service. Rely on affordable prices, up-to-date availabilities, an integrated messaging tool for boat owners and renters, as well as a team of expert sailing advisors- so that planning a boat trip is quick and easy.
Choose from a large selection of boats like luxurious sailboats, speedy motorboats, and fishing charters in Boston and in over +500 destinations around the world. Once you have chosen your dream boat, arrange the details with the boat owner, and you will be ready to go, the day of your rental!
So are you coming on board?