Straddling the border between Arizona and California, Lake Havasu is an up-and-coming boating destination. It’s also a great starting point to explore the Mojave desert or the lower Sonoran desert nearby. With 5 boat ramps, various beaches, plenty of open water and lots to see… your time in the desert will be one to remember.
Make sure that your Lake Havasu adventure starts with a boat rental! You will not regret exploring this area from a whole new perspective!
When it comes to hiring a boat on Lake Havasu, there are a few factors to consider that may influence the final price. For example, the size, type and model of the boat, as well as if it is the high or low tourism season in the area. There are also optional extras such as the services of a captain, as well water sport equipment that may not be included in the initial price.
Since you are interested in hiring a boat on Lake Havasu, how about checking our offers which include pontoon boats, ski boats and more in these nearby destinations too:
At Lake Havasu, there is something for everyone. So get ready to enjoy a full day (or more!) out on the water. If you are looking for a great experience, these are our top recommendations:
- Surprisingly enough, out on the water, you will see a bridge called ‘London Bridge’, the little sister of a more famous bridge in London, England. The bridge was relocated to the lake from the British capital five decades ago and connects the island in Colorado River with Lake Havasu City. So be sure to cruise on under it and along the Bridgewater Canal.
- Lake Havasu State Park offers a variety of lovely beaches, perfect for dropping an anchor, sunbathing and having a picnic.
- Grass Island is cool to see. Be careful of the water levels, as there tends to be shallow water. This island and lighthouse mark the start of the southernmost portion of the lake.
- Copper Canyon, a local favorite for gatherings out on the water, but remains a calm and relaxing atmosphere.
- Fun out on the lake isn’t complete with water sports! Try your hand at water skiing, wakeboarding, paddle boarding and more. Try Skiers Island, where many families head to so that their littlest can learn the ropes.
- Red Rock, an absolute must during sunset. Watch as the light hits Red Rock Cove from the deck of your boat- how romantic! Or alternatively, you can see the ‘Sleeping Indian’ from a far.
So what is there to do off the water? For those who like to gamble, they may opt to visit the local casinos or even take a road trip to Las Vegas. While nature lovers can appreciate the lake’s wildlife refuge, a natural habitat for endangered species such as razorback suckers. And for the history buffs, they may want to visit the Lake Havasu Museum of History, where Native American and steamboat history is celebrated.
Arizona remains warm and sunny nearly all year, meaning you can head out on the water at any time. However, boat hires in Lake Havasu City are the most popular during the summer months, starting in mid April to early October. It is the perfect time to cool off from the sun and heat! But remember, the evenings tend to be cool- especially in low season, so remember to take a jacket with you.
Boat rentals in this area are quite popular, especially in the summer! So be sure to book in advance to make sure you can reserve your dream boat.
Yes! With Click&Boat you have the option to rent a boat with or without a captain, depending if you have the required boat licenses/qualifications.
For those you have a boat license, bareboat rentals are available. However, you prefer to sit back and relax then choose to hire with a skipper. They can also take care of setting up and driving if you’re interested in practicing water sports. Our captains are local experts who know the area best! Let them show you all the top places to check out including, secluded beaches and coves, as well as give you recommendations on the best restaurants and bars- if you are interested in docking’n’dining.
With Click&Boat, the leading boat rental service, select from a large offer of boat hires on Lake Havasu. From motorboats fit for water sports to jet skis, you’ll find a boat that fits your budget and suits your needs!
Once you have found the boat of your dreams, send a message using our internal messaging system to the boat owner in order to clarify any questions you may have. Then all you have to do is book. It is as easy as that. And after your rental, be sure to leave a review about your experience and the boat.
If you prefer, you can also request a quote for free and our team of expert sailing advisors can help you plan your boating day out on the lake.