Boat Charters Marina del Rey- Explore LA’s coast!
Marina del Rey is arguably the most well-known marina in the Los Angeles area, it serves as a meeting point for all those who love the sea and its wonders on the Californian coast. While the city of Marina del Rey is small, it has the largest small-craft harbor in the United States, hosting over 5,000 yachts around the year.
Strategically located just 4 miles south of Santa Monica and 4 miles north of the Los Angeles International Airport (LAX), it is a great starting point for sailing (and fishing!) trips along the coast of Southern California. You can rent a boat in Marina del Rey and visit Santa Catalina Island for a long weekend trip as well as Malibu, Newport Beach and Dana Point for day trips. There are also a variety of packages available for sunset cruises, birthday parties, and snorkeling adventures.
What is the price to charter a boat in Marina del Rey?
The cost of a yacht charter in Marina del Rey depends on a few factors. Such as the size and type of vessel, if you are renting during high or low season, the duration of your rental, as well as if you have any special requests like skipper, crew, water sport equipment, etc...
- Motorboat rentals start at £185/hour with 6 people aboard, but most typically cost between £1,120/day to £1,500/day.
- Sailboat rentals in Marina del Rey start at £66/hour for 6 guests on board, and on average cost between £370/day and £820/day.
- Luxury yacht charters in Marina del Rey range from £4,500/day to £11,440/day.
Where to boat…
In Marina del Rey, there are over 300 sunny days per year, meaning no matter when and where you decide to sail, you will be at least welcomed with mild sunny weather.
- Marina Beach- soak up the sun and enjoy calm waters perfect for swimming
- Los Angeles County- sail along the coast and admire the city from the water, continue north towards San Francisco or down the SoCal coast
- Newport Beach- one of the trendiest destinations with must-see spots like Crescent Bay, Corona del Mar and Emerald Bay
- Santa Catalina Island- sail to the Mediterranean-style town of Avalon and enjoy the stunning anchorages and beaches
- Point Mugu State Park- offers 5 miles of shoreline that includes rocky bluffs, sand dunes, and beaches for a relaxing and secluded day trip
- San Diego- the last stop before the Mexican border, with several can’t miss stops like La Jolla Cove and Coronado Island
- San Francisco- admire the views of the famous Golden Gate Bridge from the water
- Long Beach- avoid the crowds and drop an anchor at family-friendly beaches like Marine Park and Alamitos Beach, or visit Naples and Belmont Shores, both quaint seaside communities
- Fishing Trips- the waters of southern California are full of marine life, perfect for anglers! Try to catch giant Yellowfin Tuna or Mahi Mahi
- San Pedro- an ideal spot if you are interested in whale watching from the months of December to March
What is there to do and see around Marina del Rey
Marina del Rey and the Los Angeles area offer lots of things to see and do when you aren't out on the water!
- Burton Chace Park- annually hosts the famous Marina del Rey Holiday Yacht Parade
- Venice Beach and Canals- well-known around the world for its beach and boardwalk, here you can discover the eclectic local cultures, and visit the cool restaurants and boutiques
- Santa Monica Pier- no visit to LA is complete without visiting this pier! Enjoy the views, concession stands and the small amusement park
- Fisherman’s village- a replica of a New England seaport with dining and shopping options
- Griffith Park- hike up this rugged park and check-out the unparalleled views of LA as well as an up close view of the world-famous ‘Hollywood’ sign
- Hollywood Walk of Fame- don’t miss this famous walk dedicated to the most iconic Hollywood actors and actresses
- Disneyland and Universal Studios- for a fun day with family and friends!
- Rodeo Drive- the iconic palm-lined road symbolizing wealth and luxury
Can I rent a boat in Marina del Rey with a skipper?
With Click&Boat, you can opt for a boat charter in Marina del Rey with or without a skipper, depending on your boating experience and qualifications. Having a skipper is a great way to discover the area and its hidden gems from a local’s point of view. And even better for a stress-free trip!
All you need to do is relax and enjoy your time while the skipper and crew take care of things like docking, anchoring, navigating and even preparing meals. For some yacht rentals, a captain and crew may come at an additional cost which depends on factors like the vessel’s size, the number of crew needed.
Where can I find yacht charters in Marina del Rey?
By using Click&Boat, the leading boat rental platform, you can choose from over 35,000 boats to charter in Marina del Rey and around the world. Choose between speed boats, party boats, sailboats, motor yacht charters, and luxury private yachts- and book in just a few clicks!
Our platform offers a special messaging tool so that boat owners and renters can communicate, as well as a knowledgeable team of sailing advisors ready to help you plan your next boating trip.
So what are you waiting for? Find your dream boat in Marina del Rey now, and get ready for a day(s) full of adventure and relaxation out on the water!