Yacht Rental NYC- Views of the ‘Big Apple’ from the water
New York is the city that never sleeps, famous for the Statue of Liberty, Empire State Building, Times Square, Central Park and the New York Knicks. It also happens to be a great starting point for a sailing tour if you hire a boat in New York.
Many boating aficionados set out to explore the New York Harbor, while others prefer to circumnavigate Manhattan Island for a privileged view of this famous neighborhood's bridges. Some rent a boat in New York City to celebrate special occasions such as weddings with a bachelor party or anniversaries with a romantic sunset cruise.
What is the cost of a NYC boat Rental?
The cost of a New York boat rental depends on a variety of factors. Such as how long the rental is for, the age and model of the vessel, as well as if you are renting during peak or low season. So be sure to consider these when looking for a boat with your budget.
- A motorboat rentals start at £130/hour or £520/day for 6 guests aboard, but can cost up to £1,420/day.
- For anglers, fishing charters start at £520/day for 6 people with a skipper on board.
- Sailboat rentals in NYC start at £315/2.5 hours and typically cost between £900/day and £1,415/day.
- For a special thrill, jet ski rentals cost about £110/hour.
- A luxury yacht charter in NYC costs about £12,130/day and can accommodate up to 12 guests.
- New York party boats cost about £6,965/day for 40 guests. The price of larger party boats is between £11,980/day and £17,745/day to host 150 to 400 people on board.
Where to sail…
Whether you are planning a boat tour of the city, a romantic sunset cruise, a day trip or weekend getaway, consider sailing to these spots:
- Sandy Hook, home to an old fort and is a popular go-to spot for boaters in the New York area during the summer months. Located only 15 nautical miles south of Manhattan, this is a national recreational area perfect for a family day on the beach with a great view of the bustling city. It also happens to be a hotspot for anglers!
- Hudson River, with a private boat rental in New York you can explore Hudson River or sail around Long Island. The view of the Statue of Liberty and the world-famous Manhattan skyline from your boat will take your breath away.
- East River, sail by Governors Island and under the iconic Brooklyn Bridge.
- Montauk, a village located on the Long Island peninsula known for its stunning beaches, surfing opportunities on its Atlantic coast and the Montauk Point Lighthouse.
- Sag Harbor, the perfect waterfront retreat and one of the best small towns on Long Island, full of art and history. Enjoy the beaches, events, museums and nature preserves that this destination has to offer.
- Hampton Bays, find this little hamlet along the south side of Long Island and enjoy boating and the beaches around Great Peconic Bay and Shinnecock Bay.
What is there to see and do in New York City?
NYC, probably the most known city in the United States offers plenty of things to do and see, after a day out on the water exploring!
- Take a stroll in Central Park or along the High Line
- Check-out some artwork at the Metropolitan Museum of Art
- Visit the National 9/11 Memorial and Museum
- Enjoy a 360° view of the city at the top of the Empire State Building
- Catch a show at Broadway or at Radio City Musical Hall
- Admire all the flashing billboards and the busy streets of Time Square
- Watch a basketball game or enjoy a concert at Madison Square Garden
- Walk or ride a bike across the famous Brooklyn Bridge
- Visit West Village, probably the most expensive neighborhood and admire all the perfectly preserved homes
Can I rent a yacht in NYC with a skipper?
With Click&Boat, there are many options available to hire a boat with skipper. Forget the ferries and crowded boat tours, and opt for your own private yacht charter in NYC. Our skippers know the city and its surroundings like the back of their palms. They will be sure to show you all the hidden gems, beautiful sights, and stunning anchorages in the area.
All you will need to do is sit back and enjoy with your family and friends on board while the captain takes care of docking, anchoring, and navigating. For some yacht rentals, the request of a skipper and/or crew may come at an additional price depending on the boat’s size, number of crew, and additional requests.
Charter a boat in NYC with Click&Boat
By using Click&Boat, the leading boat rental service, select from a vast range of sailboats, fishing charters, motorboats, luxury yacht charters, and party boats for your next trip out on the water. Choose to book with or without a skipper in New York or anywhere in our +500 destinations around the world.
In just a few clicks, you can directly contact the boat owner using our integrated messaging tool, to communicate and arrange the details of your boat trip. And you can also take advantage of our team of knowledgeable advisors, ready on deck to help you plan your dream sailing vacation in New York.
So what do you say, are you ready to sail NYC?