Boating in Newport Beach, California offers many opportunities. Locals from Orange County, LA and Laguna Beach, as well as international visitors have been enjoying this area for years now. So with your electric boat hire, motorboat or sailboat- what can you see during your time on board?
- For starters, Newport Beach locals enjoy spending time sailing around the Balboa Island and Balboa peninsula. Balboa island sits in the middle of Newport Harbor, where you will find tiny cottages from the 1920s and 1930s that were symbolic summer getaways from busy Los Angeles. On the island, there is a promenade that circles the car-free island that you can stroll along. During your try, why not stop at Balboa Fun zone too, there’s plenty of entertainment here for the whole family!
- We also highly recommend Crystal Cove State Park, which consists of open beaches and about 2,400 acres of undeveloped woodland. This park is also a paradise for scuba enthusiasts: discover a Navy plane crash from the 1940s as well as two historic anchors that date back from the 1800s.
- A romantic sunset cruise or a day trip along Newport’s coast is a must! Set sail for secluded beaches that dot the coast… Visit Emerald Bay, considered one of the top areas in neighboring Laguna Beach, which can only be accessed by boat. And check out Three Arch Bay too, known for its natural beauty. The view of Crescent Bay from the deck of your boat is also pretty spectacular, and also a great spot for snorkeling. And Corona del Mar offers plenty of things to see and do whether you choose to visit Little Corona Beach or Big Corona Beach.
- And for the more adventurous and longer Newport Beach boat hire durations, there is also the possibility to navigate further up towards Los Angeles, and maybe even San Francisco. The Northern Californian coast is just as amazing, you have to see Big Sur! Or head down south to San Diego and the Mexican Coast, this is especially a must if you are into fishing.
- For a quick day trip or relaxing weekend, we can not forget to mention the famous Santa Catalina Island. A paradise of its own, you can visit Two Harbors and Avalon- the main towns on the island or spend your days moored, snorkeling and swimming around your boat!
Southern California remains warm and sunny nearly all year, meaning you can head out on the water at any time. However, Newport Beach boat rentals are the most popular during the summer months, starting in mid May to early October. It is the perfect time to cool off in the Pacific Ocean! If you plan to book during the low season, remember to take a jacket as the winds might be a bit stronger- but nonetheless, your experience will be great!
Boat charters in this area are quite popular, especially in the summer! So be sure to book in advance to make sure you can reserve your dream boat.
Yes! With Click&Boat you have the option to hire a boat with or without a captain, depending if you have the required boat licenses/qualifications.
For those of you who have a boat license, bareboat hries are available. However, if you prefer to sit back and relax then choose to hire with a captain. Our captains are local experts who know the area best! Let them show you all the top anchorages, secluded beaches and coves, as well as give you recommendations on the best restaurants and bars- if you are interested in docking’n’dining.
With Click&Boat, the leading boat rental service, select from a large offer of boat hires in Newport Beach. From sailboats to motorboats, you’ll find a boat that fits your budget and suits your needs!
Once you have found a couple of boats, send a message using our internal messaging system to the boat owner in order to clarify any questions you may have. Then all you have to do is book. It is as easy as that. After your hire, be sure to leave a review about your experience and the boat.
If you prefer, you can also request a quote for free and our team of expert sailing advisors can help you plan your sailing vacation.
A personal advisor will help you, click here
Newport Beach is home to the largest recreational harbor on the U.S. west coast, with up to ten miles to surf, swim, fish, boat, and enjoy other aquatic activities. Visitors from all around the world come to watch pros surf at the Wedge at 2172 E. OceanFront, where the swells are huge!
While others decide to hire a boat in Newport Beach to go on their own adventure and whale watch. Spend time with family and friends around a fire ring at Corona del Mar State Beach or hike and bike in Upper Newport Bay Beach on the Back Bay Loop Trail. Newport Beach is a destination that has it all. In town, you can find all the funky bars, classy restaurants, quaint cafes, and local boutiques to make the most of your vacation.
There is nothing like boating in Southern California, so whether you decide to hire a Duffy boat, a classic sailboat or a luxury motor boat- you are in for a fun adventure! So what are you waiting for? Start searching through our available Newport Beach boat rentals now!
When it comes to hiring a boat in Newport Beach, there are many factors to consider that may alter the rental price. For example, the type, size and model of the vessel, as well as if it is high or low tourism season may influence the price. Optional extras such as the services of a captain and/or crew, jet skis and snorkeling gear may also be added to the final price.
Since you are interested in renting a boat in Newport Beach, how about checking our offers in these nearby destinations too:
Rating: 4.7 / 5 calculated on 106774 reviews